THE BLIND MAN AND THE LAME MAN



The blind man and the lame man

One day a blind man and a lame man were talking. “How I should like to go to the city”, said the lame man.

“Yes, and I, too, should like to go”, said the blind man. “But, I cannot go. I cannot see, and it isn’t safe for me to go far from here. If I do, I get lost”.

“You cannot see and I cannot walk, so I think we shall have to stay where we are”, said the lame man.

“Well”, said the blind man; “let us try to help each other”.

“How can we do that? You know “I cannot walk”, said the lame man.

“Well, I’ll be your feet and you can be my eyes”, said the blind man.

“How can that be done?”

“I’ll carry you on my back and you can tell me where to go. In this way you’ll not get tired and I’ll not get lost”.

How happy the poor men were now. By helping each other in this way they could go to the city. The two men started, and it is said that they reached the city safe and sound.

Unknown source


-----------


El ciego y el cojo

Un día estuvieron hablando un ciego y un cojo. “Cómo me gustaría ir a la ciudad”, dijo el cojo.

“Sí, y a mí también me gustaría ir”, dijo el ciego. “Pero no puedo ir. No puedo ver y no es seguro para mí ir muy lejos de aquí. Si lo hago, me pierdo”.

“Tú no puedes ver y yo no puedo caminar, así que creo que tendremos que quedarnos donde estamos”, dijo el cojo.

“Bueno”, dijo el ciego; “tratemos de ayudarnos el uno al otro”.

"¿Cómo podemos hacer eso? Sabes que “no puedo caminar”, dijo el cojo.

“Bueno, yo seré tus pies y tú puedes ser mis ojos”, dijo el ciego.

"¿Cómo se puede hacer eso?"

"Te llevaré en mi espalda y me puedes decir a dónde ir. De esta forma no te cansarás y yo no me perderé”.

Qué felices estaban ahora los pobres hombres. Ayudándose el uno al otro, de esta manera podrían ir a la ciudad. Los dos hombres se pusieron en marcha y se dice que llegaron sanos y salvos a la ciudad.

Fuente desconocida


Thank you very much for visiting Viesantore Languages 


Comments