THE KITE AND THE BUTTERFLY



The Kite and the Butterfly


Long ago a little kite flew far up into the clouds.

It played with the wind. The wind played with it. The kite looked up at the sun. It looked down at a butterfly far below.

“Look up at me!” said the kite. “See how high I am! Just see how I fly!”

“I can see you”, said the butterfly. “How high you are!”

“Look! I can see far, far away”, said the kite.

Maybe I shall fly to the sun. Don’t you wish you were a kite? Then you could fly with me.

“Oh, no!” said the butterfly. “I do not want to be a kite. I do not fly very high, but I go where I please. I am free”.

Unknow source.


-------------------


La Cometa y la Mariposa


Hace mucho tiempo una pequeña cometa volaba muy alto por entre las nubes.

Jugaba con el viento. El viento jugaba con ella. La cometa miraba hacia arriba al sol. Miraba hacia abajo una mariposa, (allá) muy abajo.

“¡Mira hacia arriba y veme!” decía la cometa. “Mira que alto estoy! ¡Mira precisamente como vuelo!”.

“Te puedo ver”, decía la mariposa. “Qué alto estás”.

“¡Mira! Puedo ver lejos, lejísimo”, decía la cometa.

Quizá volaré hasta el sol. ¿No quisieras ser cometa? En tal caso podrías volar conmigo.

“¡Oh, no!” dijo la mariposa. “No quiero ser cometa. No vuelo muy alto, pero voy a donde me agrada. Soy libre”.

Fuente desconocida.


Thank you very much for visiting Viesantore languages


Comments